Act-Up Performing Arts Studio
Elizabeth Mazur Levin is a professional actor and a private acting coach who offers the firsthand experience of an actor, director, and theatre educator to all of her students. For the past 15+ years she has taught all over the Chicagoland area including Apple Tree Theatre, Niles West High School, Starland, Northbrook Jr. High, and The Park District of Highland Park. While serving as the theatre director of Niles West High School, the district won the prestigious Kennedy Center Alliance for Arts Education Network (KCAAEN) and National School Boards Association (NSBA) Award for outstanding Fine Arts. A Chicago actor herself, Elizabeth has performed all over the Midwest as well as the East Coast. She holds a M.Ed in Curriculum and Instruction from Loyola University Chicago and a B.F.A. in acting and a B.A. in theatre from Miami University with an arts management minor. Her students have performed at numerous theatres including Steppenwolf, Chicago Shakespeare, Marrriot, and Music Theatre Wichita. Former students have gone on to study at such theatre programs as Northwestern, Roosevelt, University of Illinois, Illinois State, Brigham Young University, Loyola, Millikin, Ithaca, Rutgers, Western Michigan, and Tisch School of the Arts at NYU.
IN THIS STUDIO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO...
· Become a better performer by finding pieces that best showcase who you are and what you can do
· Learn in a challenging yet encouraging and nurturing manner
· Audition in a professional way, giving you the best shot at landing the part
· Find monologues that fit your type using material selected especially for you
· Prepare versatile audition material using a multitude of acting techniques
· Prepare for initial auditions, callbacks, and cold readings in a professional way
· Approach a musical theatre piece from an actor’s perspective (acting the song)
· Create multi-dimensional characters using face, voice, body, and mind as your instruments
***Elizabeth specializes in college admission auditions and performers of all ages and abilities are welcomed